Rapid City needed a place where anyone and everyone were welcome. No matter if they can pay for a meal or not. Rhonda was given this vision and passion and in 2016 Fork Real Community Cafe was born. God has blessed Rhonda with an amazing love for food, people, and relationships. That combination is very evident once you enter the cafe. The community cafe was mostly built, decorated, and outfitted with materials and labor donated by community members that live and work in Rapid City. Her Biggest Reward so far has been: others getting to see people as people no matter their situation, compassion for others, teaching moments in the kitchen. If you have not had a chance to check it out don’t wait!!! Get down there TODAY!!!!
- What is your favorite restaurant in Rapid City, and what do you love there?
Tally’s– The atmosphere, service, and food are all outstanding.
- How long have you lived or worked in Rapid City?
David and Rhonda moved to Rapid City in 2004
- Who is the most interesting person you’ve met here in Rapid City? Who would you like to see nominated as a Face of Rapid City?
Roberta Harmon- stay tuned Rhonda tells me she quite the story.
- If you could travel anywhere in the world right now, where would it be? And why?
Ireland- Rhonda feels like part of her heart and soul are there. It is also very beautiful.
- What is your favorite movie OR what is the first movie you remember seeing in a theatre?
Favorite Movies- The Shawshank Redemption (one of my favorites as well) and Monte Cristo
- What advice would you give a crowd of people?
Don’t be afraid to do what you love or have a passion for.
- What is something on your bucket list?
Go to Ireland
- What is your favorite music/ 3 bands you would like to see (dead or alive)?
Journey / Toby Mac / ???
- Choosing anyone alive and a non-relative: with whom would you love to have lunch? Why? Where in Rapid City would you have lunch?
We cheated but it is ok- My Grandma- we would go to Tally’s for lunch. Talk about our similarities and journeys of life. The paths seem to be very close.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 or 10 years?
10 years- I will be volunteering at Fork Real at their own space and teaching cooking classes in the kitchen.
- (Even for friends or family), what is something interesting that most people don’t know about you?
Married to David at 19 and still married to him today. He is a lucky man!!! Congratulations you two and Thanks for setting the example for so many young couples!!!
- What 3 words or phrases come to mind when you think of the word HOME?
Welcome – Comfortable – Peaceful
- If you were cast into a major motion picture and had your choice of anyone to be your co-star, who would you choose?
David Pearcy- her Husband
- If you had a full time staff member that was fully paid for, who would you choose? Chef, Housekeeper, Driver, Coach, Physical Fitness Trainer, or Nanny?